|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air Date||July 27, 2014|
|Written By||Chuck Hogan|
|Directed By||David Semel|
| ← previous|
| next →|
It's Not for Everyone
| Corey Stoll as Ephraim Goodweather|
David Bradley as Abraham Setrakian
Mia Maestro as Nora Martinez
Kevin Durand as Vasiliy Fet*
Jonathan Hyde as Eldritch Palmer
Richard Sammel as Thomas Eichhorst
Sean Astin as Jim Kent
Jack Kesy as Gabriel Bolivar
Natalie Brown as Kelly Goodweather
Miguel Gomez as Augustin Elizalde
Ben Hyland as Zach Goodweather
Eph and Nora fight to save Capt. Redfern's life; a spike in rat attacks signals Fet that something inexplicable is happening below the city; Setrakian begins his own merciless plan to stop the spread of the disease.
The title of the episode is an allusion , as stated in the "Inside the Strain - Bolivar " video, to the fact that when a male is in the process of turning into the strigoi, he loses his reproductive organs.
- Thomas Eichhorst: zum Sieg. (German, "To victory.")
- Nora Martinez: What was in that coffin?
- Abraham Setrakian: A thing of enormous power and terrible will. A will to devour the world and swallow the light.
- Nora Martinez: Is the military covering it up?
- Abraham Setrakian: Do not be so easily distracted. He thrives on human self-interest and bureaucratic complacency. You and Dr. Goodweather, you think that being good is enough? Being good means nothing, unless you are willing to do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20141011175129/http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/29/sunday-cable-ratings-true-blood-leads-night-nascar-keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-the-last-ship-the-strain-more/287182/